Sleep Apnea Treatment in Carson, CA
- Are you a loud, habitual snorer?
- Always tired, have trouble concentrating and staying awake during your work hours?
- Do you awake choking, gasping or holding your breath?
- Are you regularly unrefreshed, even after waking from a full night’s sleep?
- Have you ever dozed off in a social setting — party, movie, driving, etc?
- Do you suffer from poor concentration, judgment, memory loss, irritability, and/or depression?
- Are you overweight, and/or have diabetes, hypertension or heart disease?
If you answered ‘YES’ to two or more of the above, you may be suffering from OSA.
Untreated obstructive sleep apnea can cause high blood pressure and other cardiovascular diseases, memory problems, weight gain, sexual dysfunction, and headaches.
Did You Know?
Sleep directly impacts the quality of your life, both physically and emotionally. If a sleep disorder is left untreated, it may lead to hypertension, heart attack, stroke, or depression. Good sleep helps you recover from illness and injury, as well as keeping you alert and awake when you need to be.
The Right Dental Solution
Custom Oral Appliances.
Custom oral appliances can treat mild, moderate, and severe OSA by posturing the lower jaw slightly forward. Adjusting the lower jaw tightens the soft tissue and muscles of the upper airway, which prevents obstruction while you sleep. Custom Oral Appliances also prevent the tissues of the upper airway from vibrating as air passes over them, which is the major cause of snoring.
How Does The Procedure Work?
At Carson Dental Care, we will take a 3D scan to confirm you are a goof fit for oral appliance therapy as well as ensure you are dentally appropriate for the appliance. The next step is digital scale, which are sent to the laboratory where the appliance is custom made for you. We will then fit the custom oral appliance and instruct you on how to insert and remove it yourself, as well as care for and clean it.
Benefits Of Custom Oral Appliances
- Permits normal mouth opening
- Allows for speech and drinking
- Safe and effective
- Clinically validated
- Easily adjustable
- Custom fit
- Easy to clean
- Packs and travels with ease
- Warrantied against breakages